Shopping for Adhesive Squares
As with all Light My Bricks kits, the Grand Emporium looks great and it took a genius to come up with how to light the modular! The lighting of the bottom floor and the billboard is impressive, and with enough effort put into hiding the wires, it looks very realistic! That being said, there a few kinks in this one that make it a little bit challenging. First, you have the issue of the adhesive squares. I'm not sure if this was an issue with the directions or the packaging, but the directions say you need 8X Adhesive Squares, which you are given, but then in lighting the Emporium, if you count up all the adhesive squares used, you need 10. It ended up not being that big of a deal because I could just use some tape instead and it worked totally fine but it was just a slight flaw I I noticed. Additionally, the placement of the bit lights when you get to the roof (on the 8-port expansion board) in my opinion should be reversed (with the chandelier bit lights on the ports closest to the edge of the roof and the ones from the billboard farther from the roof - that's what I did), as trying to pull the bit lights from the billboard all the way to the end of the expansion board is very difficult and I was worried the strings would snap. This did require a lot more finagling of the wires, but I was able to still make it work. However, besides these two nitpicky gripes, I am OF COURSE impressed with the quality of these kits. If you want to light your LEGOs, THERE IS NO BETTER COMPANY!